You pour your heart and soul into your art business, but does it pay back the time you invest?
Or maybe you’ve paid to be featured in a gallery or had your art hung up at a local cafe… and felt discouraged when you didn’t make the sales you hoped for.
You might have finished a piece, set a price, and then immediately reduced the price because you don’t think anyone would pay that much.
Oh, but they will.
I’ve been a professional artist for over 18 years, but before that, I was just a hobby artist. I painted because I wanted to create something honest, true and real.
Little did I know that my art would help me build a multiple six-figure business that sells paintings for thousands of dollars.
If you want to get out there, stop under-charging for your work and build an art biz that supports you as much as you support it, keep reading.
Art Biz for Rebels will provide you with turnkey strategies and tactics to help you build your business from the ground up and expand on what you have already achieved.
We’ll start by setting up your business foundation and finding your personal energy that will help you become successful.
Throughout the course, you will learn about 16 different tools that will help you maximize your profit and help make your art biz more successful.
If you’re looking for a way to:
- Establish and create your brand
- Have a website that converts to sales
- Market your art
- Price your art and successfully apply to galleries
- Stand out on Social Media
- Manage Inventory, packaging, and shipping for your artwork
- Build a team and create a sales plan
Then this course is for you!
Can you imagine?
Imagine creating a thriving art business… without the endless hustle.
Imagine shutting the door on the “starving artist” cliche.
Imagine having a clear plan for how you market and sell your artwork.
Imagine being an artist and a CEO without sacrificing creativity.
If you want to learn how to build a successful art biz, shave years off the learning curve and save thousands of dollars from the constant trial and error, then I’ve got just what you need.
ART BIZ FOR REBELS
Inside Art Biz For Rebels, you get 15 detailed modules, plus corresponding worksheets and templates that help you take your art biz from struggling to thriving. And now, there are THREE ways to join.
Here's what you'll learn
Finding Your “Why” and Mindset
The key to our success and longevity rests in our “Why.” In this course, we’ll dive into our Why and deconstruct money stories that hold us back.
Establishing Your Brand
There are a lot of artists out there, but there is only one you. We'll discuss how to identify your target audience, connect with them and establish a stand-out brand.
Your Artist's Website
The must-have tools every website needs to prime your audience for sales (and helps establish you as the professional you are.)
Marketing Your Art
There are so many resources to cover on this topic that we're spending two weeks of content covering all the ways you get your art out there.
Commissions and Working with Galleries
The low down on commissions and working with galleries. We'll cover everything from contracts to pitch letters.
Pricing Your Art
The key to NOT underselling yourself is pricing correctly... and consistently. I'll share my formula and considerations for pricing your art.
One of the least fun parts of managing a business, but oh so important. We're going to cover the nitty gritty of systems and managing products in your business.
Packaging & Shipping Your Artwork
Expand your market with a global audience... but shipping a painting isn't as easy as you think. With years of experience on creating an elevated experience through the mail under my belt, I'll walk you through my process.
Building Your Team
You can try to do it all... but you won't get it all done. I'll share where to start when growing your team and take you behind the scenes of my multiple six-figure art biz.
Creating a Sales Plan
Paint it and they will come... it takes time for it to work that way. Until then, I'll share my sales strategies for selling your artwork and maximizing your profits
WHAT CAN ART BIZ FOR REBELS DO FOR ME?
Whether you choose our LIVE Art Biz for Rebels program or you choose to guide yourself through the program with our self-guided option, you’ll find that this course is designed to walk you through 6 phases:
Phase 1/Weeks 1 & 2
Dismantling Our Limiting Beliefs (to Unlock Your Success as an Artist).
These beliefs are at the root of why we hold ourselves back. It's time we shed these in order to have the freedom and abundance we deserve.
We all have MONEY STORIES that we’ve likely inherited from our youth. When we couple those with what society tells us about being a “starving artist” it can be a lot to unpack. We will do this together and in a safe, comfortable community.
Our WHY is at the heart of our art and how we actually connect to our collector. We’ll discover your WHY together so that you can make your biggest impact with your art.
Once we understand our WHY, we are ready to lay the foundation for our BRAND. Don’t let that word scare you, it simply means you’ll begin to understand why your collectors love your art. Don’t think you’re special?
Phase 2/Weeks 3 to 6
16 Ways to Sell Your Art (That You Might Not Have Considered)
Think Social Media or Galleries are the only way to sell your art? Nope! You’ll learn 16 different ways to sell your art and how to price your art to sell.
When we look at any other industry, we see that each of them has various Income streams. Even Starbucks sells more than coffee!
But how do you know what’s best for you and your art?
Have you ever considered Licensing? Prints? Working with interior designers? You’ll learn how to make it all happen.
Phase 3/Weeks 7 to 9
Social Media Deep Dive
Social Media is not “optional.” Over 85% of collectors will search for you on Social Media. Now is the time to learn how to show up and shine without being sales-y.
These two weeks are basically an entire social media course within this course. You’ll learn how to:
- Maximize your feed to get more eyes on your art
- The 10 most common mistakes artists make with Social Media
- 13 different ways to increase your engagement (and make more sales)
- Get over 100 different hashtags
- How to use the various parts of Instagram like Reels, Stories and Instagram Video
Phase 4/Week 10
Inventory management is more than just keeping inventory. It's also about:
- How you can represent yourself professionally to galleries
- How you can stand out with art consultants
- How you can show your best work to interior designers and potential collectors.
- How you can host an exhibition or open studio like a boss
Phase 5/Week 11
Creating a Sales Plan
A dream without a plan is nothing more than a wish.
- How to set realistic, achievable sales goals
- How to create a plan to meet those goals
- The 9 important factors in human behavior that drives sales
Phase 6/Week 12
Artwork Delivery (DIY & With a Team)
Now that you’re selling your art, you’ll need to know:
- How to pack your art to keep it safe, from boxes to crating to rolling in a tube
- The 3 different methods to pack your art and save money
- How to ship domestic and international
- How to build a team to support you and your goals
BONUS: In-person retreat (with purchase of Diamond Package)
For those who upgrade to the Diamond Package, which includes the LIVE 12-week Art Biz program and an in-person retreat. During this retreat in Feb. 2023, we’ll meet in my hometown of Austin for 4 days.
This is where your whole approach to art and business changes.
Art Biz for Rebels changed Scott's Business
"Can you imagine going from chaos to having a very clear path? Imagine how that would feel."
Scott McDuffee, scottmcduffeeart.com
What makes Art Biz for Rebels Different?
It may come as a surprise to some of you but I started painting at the age of 35. Prior to that I was an entrepreneur and had successful businesses in five different industries. I’ve worked everything from running a high-end restaurant and interior design company, to launching my own clothing line and a wine bar. All highly successful.
My extensive experience as an entrepreneur has allowed me to look at my art biz from a completely different perspective and apply what I’ve learned the learnings to really set myself apart.
I’m NOT going to show you how to build my business (‘cause you’re the boss of YOU and you gotta add your own magic to the process!). What I’ll give you though are the tools, tips and guidance I picked up over the years to help you run YOUR art biz as a successful entrepreneur and a CEO!
And now, depending on which package you choose, you can learn on a self-guided path, learn in a live setting with me, or even add in a real-life component with a 4-day art retreat in my hometown of Austin, Texas.
Art Biz for Rebels is currently closed for enrollment.
Get on the waitlist
Be the first to know when doors open again.
WONDERING WHICH ART BIZ FOR REBELS OPTION IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
- Want to dive in and get access to ALL the trainings right away, but don’t want live coaching help or art critiques
- Are ready to implement art selling strategies ASAP
- Want to watch the course content on your own schedule
- Want group coaching calls every 3 weeks, to ask questions and implement what you’ve cleared
- Are really interested in art critiques from yours truly
- Want a guided pathway to finish the course content, so you’re getting the most out of your access
- Want to dig into business strategy and art improvement in an in-person setting
- Want to visit Austin, TX in February 2023 to connect with me and other artists
- Want group coaching calls every 3 weeks, so you can learn from your fellow artists and implement what you’ve learned
- Thrive with feedback and input on your business plans or art for sale
- Want to build a community of artists who are building businesses like you
- Are ready to invest in a program that changes the way you look at your art and how you sell it
Katie wanted to fast-track her growth
"Y'all... in June 2020, I hadn't sold a single painting. By December 2020, I sold 25 in one sitting! "
- Katie Watford, ktwart.com
Our money-back guarantee
Try our program for 14 days, risk-free
If you're on the fence about making the investment in Art Biz for Rebels, rest assured that you're protected by our money-back guarantee. If Art Biz For Rebels isn't right for you, you can receive a full refund if requested within 14 days of your purchase.
A refund will be granted once the customer shows proof that they actively participated in the program and the exercises were completed in each module released during your purchase period.
Meet your teacher
Hi, I'm Jodie.
As a professional artist, instructor, speaker, and fun have-er-er, I’ve taught countless people, from beginners to long-time artists, how to use their intuition and combine it with solid skills to create powerful, energetic Honest Art that that sells ...all while having fun along the way.
The Art Biz for Rebels includes everything I wish I knew from the very beginning about setting up the foundation, building my brand, marketing my art and growing my sales. Yes, I have an amazingly successful business and I sell my paintings for thousands of dollars now, but oh, how I wish someone would have given me these tools 15 years ago! I would probably be retired on the beach by now!
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start?
CAN I SIGN-UP IF I LIVE ABROAD?
WILL JODIE BE TEACHING LIVE?
IS THIS COURSE FOR BEGINNERS?
HOW CAN WE ASK QUESTIONS DURING THE COURSE?
I'M NOT THAT TECHY - WOULD THIS WORK FOR ME?
I'M BUSY RIGHT NOW AND WORRIED I WON'T HAVE THE TIME. DO I NEED TO FOLLOW WEEK BY WEEK OR CAN I DO IT AT MY OWN PACE?
WILL EVERYTHING LIVE BE RECORDED AND SENT TO US??
HOW ARE THE THREE PACKAGES DIFFERENT?
WHEN IS THE RETREAT? WHAT DOES IT INCLUDE?
Still not sure if the Art Biz For Rebels is for you? This program is a perfect fit for you if:
- You’re looking for ways to turn your art side hustle to a successful business.
- You need help prioritizing what would make the biggest impact on your sales?
- You have a load of paintings but you don’t know what to do with them or how to sell them.
- You want to have all the tools of how to grow your art biz at your fingertips.
- You want to learn from the successes and mistakes of someone who’s already been there.
- You want to streamline your business process and practices.
- You want to increase your revenue.
- No one is the boss of you
Jess got to the bottom of her "WHY"
"I started out making $200 a month and last month, I closed out at $12,000 in sales."
Jess Hughes, jessicahughesfineart.com